Buy iPod touch 3G, wait for next or buy touch phone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ImaginaryAH, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ImaginaryAH macrumors newbie

Ive been reading around here for a few days now, following the rumors about the new iPod touch.
    Like most of you, iam disappointed as well. Because Apple didnt include a camera nor FM radio or anything big at all to the iPod touch 3G.

Anyway the case is that.
    Iam a student and i listen to music alot. And i really like technology. You know, having fancy stuff is always cool if you know what i mean.

But i dont have an iPod, i use my sony ericsson k810i for everything. Music, camera, phone whatever it can be used to. And iam kinda on a low budget.

So the question is, should i get an iPod touch 3G now or wait for a next release. Iam one of those that thinks "if i get one now, and a new ipod touch will get released in like 6months with a camera im gonna like facepalm and hit myself.."

What will i use the touch for: Basically and mostly, Wi-Fi access is the main reason and of course listning to music. As said i like gadgets & touching screen looks pretty much fun.

The big minus for me is: I'll have to carry a 3,5 or 3,2 whatver huge screen with me along with my cellphone because theres no phone/text solutions on the touch. And theres no camera nor FM radio, i can live with no radio but camera is a bit err. Because i use the camera on my cellphone alot :/

& now. 8GB or 32 GB, since the 16 GB is gone. (what in the devils butt?!)
    Ive never filled over 1GB of music before. But i know iam gonna play alot of games, and do alot of fancy tweaks and prolly add movies on my touch.
    But again, ive never filled over 1GB of music before, ever. But might will in the future, although i like to update my music database. Like deleting the old ones i never listen to..

Help me out? :)

Options are:
    -Buy ipod touch 3G 8GB.
    -Buy ipod touch 3G 32GB.
    -Buy a touch phone (not iphone, because its dirt expensive in norway)
    -Buy Zune HD (yes, iam aware of theres no camera on this. but its cheaper than the touch? and same thing if not better?)
    -This blows, next pls.

How do i add poll?.. Iam new, lmao.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You could buy the refurb 16gb for $199!

Which is what i'd do if i was going to spend $199.

It HAS been more a pain to carry my Treo and my Touch. I want a smaller phone - i'm pondering trying to find a cheap Verizon Centro. I want the keyboard, but i don't NEED it either.

But, the Touch is awesome and i'll stick with 2 devices (i never did music on my Treo, so i alwys technically did have 2 - just never carried it with me).

Oh but wait, I just saw you were in Norway. Dang, can you get the refurb for $199?

3. ImaginaryAH thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhh, from the retailer?

I havent been at any shops in Norway yet. But last time i checked (few days before the 9th it still went for around 300$+..)

But now i can get a 32GB for the same price of a 16GB 2G :) I forgot to check that :apple:

Is the 8GB worth it? i mean, the 32GB got hardware update and a little stuff, and lovely tons of free space. While 8GB got nothing but a 3,1 OS? :/ ..

4. ImaginaryAH thread starter macrumors newbie

Product iPod touch
    Recommendation: Don't Buy - Updates soon
    Last Release September 09, 2008

Nice mr. i tried to play smart and link you to other places.
    Ive been there already and checked. Its outdated.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Apple.com - the US version - is selling the refurbished 16gb 2nd Gen Touches for $199 (and the refurb 8gb is $149)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB531LL/A?mco=Nzk3MTQzMA

Not sure if that link will work for you.

That is what *I* would buy today instead of the "new" 8gb. Double the capacity for $5 for the update!

Otherwise, i'd get the 32gb - for me, the 8gb is NOT enough. I've been using one for a couple of months waiting for the new ones.

6. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Well then try to find two rocks and put them together and realize that they just released new touches and ipods yesterday.

So go buy one if you want or don't, we don't care either way.

7. ImaginaryAH thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. Im not a fan of buying via the internet :p & applestore norway dosnt sell reburbs :(

whats the difference betweem the new and the old 8gb actually? o_o"

Make sense pls.

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

New ipods were released yesterday. BUY ONE. If you want to wait for the next ones have fun, it might be a year or two.