Buy Ipod touch Gen 4 16G now????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raccoonboy, Oct 31, 2012.

1. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

I was prepared to buy Ipod touch Gen 5 the moment it is available.

But after having to wait for so long since my blue color is out of stock, i start to have doubt. At USD 299, it is quite expensive and i already owned an Ipad 2. I just need another PMP to play music at work and when i was reading at home. Put in some of my favorite MV to watch and a few casual games on it (temple run, Jetpack, angry bird) to play during free time or train ride.

Is it weird to buy Gen 4 16G now? It is available here around USD 199 if you converted to Thai baht. Many games still not support 4 inch screen anyway and i can save USD 100 and spend like 10 bucks on case and screen protector.

Or should i just go for other cheaper brand eg. Sony walkman for pure music and video around USD 150. Save the game part to play on my Ipad 2.

ps. my music is around 2G max, and i dont take photos that often.

2. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Was about to recommend the Classic until I saw your PS. Since you have only 2GB of music, why not get the cheaper nano for pure music only? If there's any games you want to play, play it on your iPad.

3. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your insight but in thailand, the new nano is like 30 bucks cheaper than ipod touch 16G. Honestly, if just for pure music, apple is pricy with nano.

4. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

I see. If that's the case then get the touch 4G. I have a white one as well, 32GB, because my music is around 12GB & growing. It's still a very capable device. Battery lasts around 1 week if I only listened to music on it.

5. raccoonboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I certainly have doubt if i would just use the device for music only. Will let u know as im going shoping tonight.