Buy iPod touch now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MJNBGA, Apr 10, 2012.

1. MJNBGA macrumors regular

This is a question I ask myself with every product purchase, and I most always convince myself that now is the time to buy.

With my imminent purchase of an iPod touch though, I feel different. Should I buy one now, or wait until a new generation? After all, the current generation hasn't seen a specification update in approx. 2 years, and I feel that it mat start to become outdated.

Your thoughts? :confused:

Thanks.

-MJNBGA

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

If it's updated, it most likely won't be until the new iPhone comes out. That will probably be this Fall again. If that's too quick of an update for you, then don't buy it.

3. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

If you can wait, then wait but there is no guarantee of a update.

Current iPod touch is okay, it lags a bit and camera is horrific but everything else works fine.

4. MJNBGA thread starter macrumors regular

5. hardcoreericxxx macrumors newbie

If you have a desire to have it now, I'd buy it used. I typically see them on craigslist for $100-$120. Then you can get a new one when it comes out, and sell the old one with relitively little money loss.

6. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I'm just throwing this out there but maybe it won't update with the phones. Its already out of sync with the phones. Plus if the specs are going to be different then the phones maybe it would be good to start separating them a little. Just saying it wouldn't be a huge shock if we saw it sooner.

7. anis macrumors newbie

I wait for the new release. The current one, or the soon to be not so current one will be cheaper to buy in my opinion by then.

I love my iPod!