Buy it ?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Kiffko, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Kiffko macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    i have been following this forum for quite a while but now i have a question and this lead to my registration.
    Im thinking of buying a macbook, 2,4 gh. Im a student so i would get this discount.

But after reading so much on this forum how many issues this new macbook has, im thinking if this is the right choice for me.
    It costs a lot of money and i want to be sure.

Should i wait for the newest revision, when all bugs are fixed? The problem is, i dont want to wait 4 months :D

Maybe you could help me and give me some advise, i would be very thankful.

So long :apple:

2. youssefm macrumors 6502

The next revision is probably very far away... and if you want a macbook now get the new one and if there are any defects apple gladly replaces it for you

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

See what your school's store replacement policy is first. I'm not sure, but I think if you buy it through a school, you have to replace/exchange it through the school. They may not be as customer service oriented as the apple website/apple store

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

i just posted this in another forum and i think it would apply to you as well:

OP, when you talk about "all these problems" you have to remember one thing, when something is wrong people tend to be loud about it.
    You dont see tons of threads about people who are perfectly happy with there macbooks. this doesnt mean they dont exist! I for one have a flawless macbook and i know other people who have perfect macs as well.
    The thing about waiting is, well youll always be waiting. Something bigger and better is always on its way out! If you want a Macbook then buy it.