Buy iTunes gift card with Wal-Mart gift card

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Dec 28, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Don't know where to post this, as I'm not sure if it's an iTunes question or Wal-Mart question. I received a Wally World gift card as a gift, and while I certainly appreciate it, I just don't shop at Wal-Mart for various reasons. Reasons I won't go into, but reasons which should be fairly obvious to anyone not living under a rock. So I came up with the idea that I can use the Wal-Mart gift card to buy an iTunes gift card, thus, basically converting it into something I can use at a place where I don't mind shopping at. Anyone know if this would be allowed? I know some stores have weird policies with regards to buying gift cards with gift cards. Thanks

2. dilbert4life macrumors regular

dilbert4life

I don't think that you can, as I have thought of that myself, because I shop at Wal-Mart all the time. I am always getting gift cards for there. But, I think I remember being told that I could not do it.:apple:

3. Surely Guest

Surely

I think that you are allowed to do this. I don't see why not, the iTunes gift card is just another product that Walmart sells.

I've used Best Buy gift cards to buy iTunes gift cards in the past.