buy iWork '09 or wait for '11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by genosseinski, Jul 26, 2011.

1. genosseinski macrumors member

Hi folks,

I will get the new MBA soon and it will be my first Mac ever. As a student and also for personal use (eg Bible notes) I need a good word processing program and I think Pages seems to be fine.

Now I don't know if it makes much sense to buy all three iWork 09 applications and realize a few months later that there will be a new version, since I don't think major updates will be free of charge.

Do you think it's worth the wait or should I play around with the 30-days trial first?
    How likely is a new release in the upcoming months? Never heard of iWork being presented during an iPod event in September...

Thanks in advance :)

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I haven't heard any rumors about when the next version of iWork will be released. I'd reccomend going with the 30 day trial anyway just because as a student you may find that even though you like iWork you might need office for classes. That said I don't think there will be an update soon, so if you need the programs now then it's worth buying them.

3. genosseinski thread starter macrumors member

thank you. Might use OpenOffice in the meantime.

Interesting sig/avatar btw. ;) I've not met many people blending these two together. Many people from both sides actually oppose the other...