Buy Leopard upgrade package now or wait for Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jimper88, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jimper88 macrumors newbie

I'm currently running Tiger on my Intel MacBook and want to upgrade to SL but am not sure if i should buy the regular Leopard bundle now then pay the $29 for SL or if I might as well just wait for the SL package with iLife '09 etc.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Depends on if you want that stuff. I imagine you can find a used copy of Leopard cheaper, but that's just me. iThink that the new features in iPhoto make iLife 09 attractive, but that's just me. And there is likely to be an update to it in January, if there is one in the next year, but, that's just me. If you use iWeb that update is nice, iMovie was disappointing, Garageband was decent.

3. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Imo, if you dont have iLife/iWork 09 just wait for the 10.6 bundle. Unfortunately iLife/iWork 10 will probably be right around the corner, but you dont really have a choice unless you want to buy two OSs just to upgrade to one of them. If you can hold out even longer, wait for the Snow Leopard/iLife/iWork 10 bundle and actually get something that makes sense.

4. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

What he said sounds logical. I'm waiting until around the beginning of next year to get all this "free" with a new 17" MBP with BluRay and the next gen processors.

5. cliffwjenkins macrumors newbie

So let me get this straight...

I'm running Tiger as well. So I just want to make sure...I can upgrade to Snow Leopard w/o upgrading to Leopard first?

6. csuk83 macrumors newbie

Yes, but you'll need to buy the box set rather than the disc by itself, which is for people upgrading from Leopard.