Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrhmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Hello,
I recently ordered a Quad-Core i7 iMac, and will be using it as my primary computer. However, I have to purchase a 15" MBP for school, and will be using it whenever I travel.

I just wanted to clarify... if i decide to go with a C2D MBP, it won't make any difference getting it now or later, right?

Thank you.

entity

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
Hello,
I recently ordered a Quad-Core i7 iMac, and will be using it as my primary computer. However, I have to purchase a 15" MBP for school, and will be using it whenever I travel.

I just wanted to clarify... if i decide to go with a C2D MBP, it won't make any difference getting it now or later, right?

Thank you.

I would expect all C2D MBP prices to drop once the refresh is released. Once it's announced, eBay will be the first price reduction.

So the only difference, is money! :)

jrhmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
I would expect all C2D MBP prices to drop once the refresh is released. Once it's announced, eBay will be the first price reduction.

So the only difference, is money! :)

I forgot to consider the price! Thank you. Any idea as to how significant this price drop will be?

entity

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
I forgot to consider the price! Thank you. Any idea as to how significant this price drop will be?

I listed my 13" alum MB on eBay the day the 13" alum MBP were announced. If I had paid full retail, I would of lost around $300-$350. Since mine was bought on EPP, only lost around $50.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
honestly, just buy it now. waiting is driving me nuts. you can never really 'save money'. my favorite example is this joke:
a man was going to catch his bus when the bus left without him. he chased it all the way until he got home. he came home to his wife and told her the story, concluding with 'well, i saved 5 bucks'. she said 'well, you should have chased a taxi home and saved 50 bucks!!'

i also saved $1.6 million last weekend by deciding not to buy a new car. :rolleyes: (the car in question is a Bugatti Veyron if you didn't get it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.