Buy low sell High

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plzhelpmeplzzz, Mar 3, 2009.

1. plzhelpmeplzzz macrumors newbie

I'm about to buy this Macbook off Craigslist and the seller accepted the price of $500. If is still looks in good condition and works great, should I sell the 2007 model Macbook for a higher price and get the money to buy the newer Macbook model that cost $1000?

2. colickyboy macrumors member

Are you saying you want to buy a MB from somebody for $500 and then turn around and sell it for higher than $500 to help fund the purchase of a unibody?

If so, I don't think it'll happen. I haven't priced the market but a 2007 MB for $500 sounds about right...not sure if anyone will buy it from you for more than $500.

3. plzhelpmeplzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

not alot of people selling macbook from where I am. so im hoping that one person is desperate enough to buy for a higher price. And I'm not planning to buy a unibody because I don't care much of the processor or the hdd space. I'm getting the cheap $1000 white macbook just for chatting, browsing, and doing school work on. plus, i need a laptop that can last me a while in school. i hate carrying that heavy pc ac adaptor around.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Risky. If you don't get any takers at your higher price, you may end up with a computer you don't want. This may get you there faster, or it slow your progress toward that new machine.

With the economy gone wonky, you may not find someone willing to splurge.

5. plzhelpmeplzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

The cheapest prices ive seen on craigslist in my area is $950. by buying the macbook for $500, and my budget was $700, i saved $200. and if i can get someone to buy around $700-$800, it would be nice and closer to me buying a new macbook.

6. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Sounds like you already have yourself convinced.

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...go for it, good luck...but I hope none of your target market reads this forum :eek:...