Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lynchfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Hi, guys!

I am a new member, although I'm a long time lurker. I'm ready to become a full fledged member and buy a new macbook, but I need some help.

I am from Canada and working in Central America and Florida. I desperately need a Macbook for work here, but I can't order from Apple.com with a Canadian credit card.

The only solution I know of is to order from amazon.com, but I want to buy the 2.16 Macbook with an upgrade to the hard drive to 160GB. (If I buy the Blackbook from amazon.com, but I really prefer the white.)

I have a location to ship the Macbook in Miami and have it sent to me, but I won't be going to the US for a few months.

Please help me out!

Thanks.

Macbie

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
you want to buy form the US store because of the exchange rate or?
otherwise theres a apple.com canada store that you can shop for

lynchfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
For three reasons:

I'm near Miami
speed of shipment (extra cost of shipping from Canada to Miami)
savings due to exchange rate

I really wish amazon.com offered custom orders because the extra hard drive space would be ideal for me.

I hope someone knows a website like amazon.com that will accept Canadian credit cards. Amazon.com is where I have ordered everything I've needed since I've been here in Central America and Miami.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.