Buy macbook now or wait,to possible update?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iCris, Jun 18, 2008.

1. iCris macrumors member

to buy macbook now or to hope to see if they update, thinks that they updated soon?
    THX in advance :)

2. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

there are several threads about this already.

to answer your question-

get one if you need it. it's speculated there will be an update by september.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Seconded. Buy when you need, not when you want.

I'll add: if you buy now, your MacBook will NOT be suddenly obsolete if Apple releases a new one a month from now.

4. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

thirded? ha! but i agree mainly with the last statement. . just because apple comes out with a "new" macbook doesn't mean your "old" macbook is obsolete. [rant] that frustrates me so badly when people complain that they bought a mac right before apple worked their voodoo magic and came out with a new model. . and people think they got shafted! it's just a month old! you're not behind in any way shape or form! just because apple updates doesn't mean you always have to update as well. RAWR! *angst/more angst/raaaaaaaaaaaawr*
    [/endrant]

5. ahaley1986 macrumors member

6. Alx9876 macrumors 6502

Alx9876

We'll see how much you love it when the new Macbook looks like the Macbook Pro.

I'm waiting. I've already One year. What's another few months.

7. powermac_daddy macrumors 6502

powermac_daddy

OH DUDE, you have to buy now. dude, buy it now get a free ipod. dude, buy it. throw your money at those high-school dropout apple sales person.

8. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Fourthed :D

as an example.. my Black Macbook is one of the original ones (released in 2006) and it's still going strong!!! I've upgraded the RAM to 2GB and put a 250gb HDD and it's going to last another few years at least..

So, follow others peoples advice and if you need it now, then buy it now.. if yo can wait, then wait.. but remember, in technology, something better is always around the corner..

just ne happy with what you bought :)

9. Alx9876 macrumors 6502

Alx9876

The computer I am using now is 4 years old this year. It's a Dell Dimension 8400. I've had to reformat this computer 3 times since buying it. It's definetly time for a new computer. Apple all the way for me.

I am switching to a new Macbook this year updated or not. I will wait a little longer but I have the money ready now. I can wait though. Just barely.

I was going to buy an iMac but after reading last months Macworld magazine about "Which Apple computer is right for you"?

I am going with a Macbook + 23 in Cinema Display for home use.

10. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

If you can generate more funds in the following weeks, and you dont have a Book now, I'd recommend getting refurbs and try not to spend too much on upgrades. Save as much money as you can as you wait for the updates. When the Montevina books come out, sell the refurb you just got and with the money you saved, grab a Montevina book (you might even have enough dough for a Pro if you save well).

If money is tight, waiting would be the best option.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

DUUUDDDDEEEEEE :eek: