Buy Macbook now or wait????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fi0nn, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Fi0nn macrumors newbie

I've decided to get a macbook for college. It seems to me that the macbook is going to be updated soon
    . But I doubt it will be updated before Christmas and I don't really want to wait.
    My questions are when is the next update most likely to occur ? , what is most likely to be updated ? and if I got the macbook now and wanted to upgrade to the newer version next year is it possible and how much would it cost ?
    Thanks!

2. Malsi macrumors regular

If you don't need it "now", I would recommend you wait. From what I understand, the last rumor has Apple releasing the new notebooks in April. Now, if you absolutely need a computer now, there is no harm in buying in now. They're superb machines and can handle almost anything you throw at them (the exception here is playing games).

3. Fi0nn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I think ill just buy one now if its not till april.
    One more question does the macbook have the same battery as the pro.
    Like this page http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/battery/ seems to imply that the pro has a better battery but they both say 10 hour. I need the 1000 charge cycles battery so this is important. Thanks.

4. arnop macrumors regular

arnop

I'm not sure about the battery. I think the Pro has a better one. As someone said earlier, if you absolutely need one now, just go for it, they're great machines

5. fxtech macrumors 6502

Get it now. It's almost guaranteed Apple will come out with something better/faster/cheaper the DAY AFTER you buy the older, crappier one anyway.