Buy macbook on monday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jplg842, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. jplg842 macrumors regular

    Jan 11, 2007
    im planning to buy my first mac this monday. but alot of rummors are out that apple will release something on Tuesday. what should i do? will apple release leopard? ilife? macbook?
    Should i but it on monday? its because its a long way to the nearest apple store and i planned it on monday, if i will wait it would probably be for 2 weeks or so..

    thank you
  2. McGarvels macrumors 6502


    Nov 10, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Dude, wait one day. I know you're eager to get your awesome MacBook, but it's only one day. I doubt you will see Leopard released on the 20th though or an update to the MacBook line, however, we may get a release date for Leopard and maybe the release of iLife'07. Regardless, wait until after Tuesday.

  3. Eraserhead macrumors G4


    Nov 3, 2005
    There won't be a new Macbook until May-June, even if Leopard/iLife are announced on Tuesday you can call Apple and ask to get them for free.
  4. emptyCup macrumors 65816


    Jan 5, 2005
    There are always rumors of a big release on Tuesday but it won't happen until somebody buys on Monday (which qualifies them for a "How dare they!" post on Wednesday). Depending on which rumor you read Leopard will be released this March, April or June. If it is released two weeks (or maybe a month) after your purchase the upgrade is $19. Otherwise it is $129 for Leopard and $79 for iLife (but you may be content with iLife '06).

    The standard advice is buy if you need it, wait if you don't. If you want the machine now, are willing to pay for Leopard later, and won't be devastated if a new machine comes along in a month or two, buy it now and enjoy it. Otherwise wait.
  5. ready2switch macrumors 6502


    Apr 7, 2006
    In my opinion, unless you plan on waiting 5-6 months, there's no point it waiting for Tuesday. I would be shocked :eek: if anything MacBook related is released within the next week.
  6. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

    Aug 10, 2006
    just get it cause the machine won't be obsolete anyway
  7. buffalo macrumors 65816

    Jun 5, 2005
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    Leopard for sure will not be released on Tuesday. If anything there would be a show with more features and a release date, but since there have no rumors or invations to such an event, this Tuedsay seems unlikely for anything.

    Common advice is to buy if you need it, wait if you don't. I purchased my MacBook about three weeks ago and am very happy with it. Tiger is a great OS, but Leopard will be even better. It will be released within the next month or two, so judge if the cost of upgrading is worth the wait without a MacBook.

Share This Page