Buy MacBook Pro 15 inch now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xDeathReaperx, Jul 12, 2010.

  1. xDeathReaperx macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    #1
    Should I wait to buy the MacBook pro 15 inch? Will there be any MAJOR UPDATES within the next 6 months?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    The next "major" update is likely coming in early 2011 but the current 15" is a good buy, there is always something to wait for
     
  3. iSamurai macrumors 65816

    iSamurai

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Location:
    ɹǝpun uʍop 'ǝuɐqsı&#
    #3
    I'm in the same situation! I really don't know if I should buy or not!!!

    I'm pretty sure the next one would be a major update and possibly even in a different shape (16:9, 16") seeing that Apple's migrating to this aspect ratio.

    And you know this current one is not "fresh" anymore and its specs doesn't look good for its pricing now, i.e. not really worth the money.

    In the other hand I really want to upgrade my ageing plastic white macbook. I will be doing quite a bit of Python and Matlab this semester at uni and would have to do them in class so I'd like to do it on a new computer with a big screen.
     
  4. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #4
    Average refresh is about 8 months. My guess is early 2011 and not before the end of January - so people that buy at Christmas will be beyond the return window. Best time to buy is early to mid life and we are there now so now is a good time to buy
     

Share This Page