Buy MacBook Pro now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Paul D, May 1, 2007.

  1. Paul D macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 1, 2007
    #1
    I may need to get a new laptop in a couple of weeks.... was hoping to wait for the next revision though, especially one that uses LED's and flash memory.. anyone forsee that appearring before the end of this month??!!
     
  2. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #2
    well seeing as how this month just started it's possible but the next major updates would likely come in June at WWDC.

    as for flash memory, i wouldn't count on seeing that for several months - maybe even next year.
     
  3. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

    dartzorichalcos

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Location:
    Atlantis
  4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

    patrick0brien

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2002
    Location:
    The West Loop
    #4
    -Paul D

    You may see a Rev at WWDC as it's right in cycle for one. There you might have LEDs and Robson technology but it'll be years, if ever, we see full-function flash-only-storage. Hard drives are just too mb/$$ efficient right now.

    So yes, if you can wait 1 month, this would be a good time. But whatever happens, but right after.
     
  5. jng macrumors 65816

    jng

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Location:
    Germany
    #5
    Hmm, do you keep that on your clipboard? I ask because I don't have the patience. Maybe I should just copy it ;)
     

Share This Page