Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by believo, Dec 23, 2007.
Should I buy a MacBook Pro now or wait? Are updates expected in the next few months?
Updates likely next fall. You should definitely wait.
Wait! until after January 15.
When in doubt, consult the MR buyers guide
MacBook Pro will be updated in the next 12 -18 months 3 times if not more.
I'm guessing it will next be around January, based on sensible evidence.
I agree, unless you need or really want one now.
The current books are very good, if you're in the market, dont hesitate.
i say wait till after MWSF
and dont listen to any rumors saying Penryn will be with alots of Bugs
cause Processors cant have bugs unless it's an OS
I'd be surprised if there was much, if anything, in the way of changes in the MacBook and MacBook Pro lineup in January, but it does seem increasingly likely that Apple will add some version of a sub-notebook at that time.
Penryn processors in the MB and MBP lineup are eventually going to happen, but there are rumors of delays in the new associated Intel chipset. I'll bet it will be months before the MB/MBP is revamped, particularly since Apple already has more pressing updates on their plate (iPhone, Mac Pro, Leopard). They recently bumped the MacBook Pro with 2.6 gig processors/4 gig RAM and the Santa Rosa chip sets. There may be some tweaks, but a major revamp seems unlikely.
how many times do we see this post a day.....
As a BTO, and the SR update was released at the beginning of june, which is as near as makes no difference, 7 months ago.
Wait until MWSF unless you have a good reason to get it now (such as tax).
In the near future, MBP will almost certainly get updated keyboard that are consistent with the new Apple Keyboard and MacBook Santa Rosa keyboard.
Wasn't there a similar post on this a couple days ago?
I'm waiting to see what MWSF brings in Jan. Probably nothing earth shattering, but anything will be welcome!
What, you mean this never happened?
dude, correct me if im wrong, the link you showed me are supposed to be a bug of the 1st generation of Intel's release, and that bug we're talking about should already be like 14 years ago by now, yes?
which is likely(definitely) not to appear again on the upcoming Chipset ( Penryn or whatever )
so i dont think there will be some errors or anything on Penryn, and i never knew Santa Rosa got some bugs aswell, they are doing fine from the 1st time they are introduced for the public
The errors will be in the cheap hardware Apple uses to construct the MBPs they won't test before shipping them to stores. A la the defective Seagate drives, the defective LED screens, the defective logic boards, defective batteries, defective palm rests, defective Magsafes...you get the idea. The bugs won't have anything to do with Intel; they'll be squarely due to Apple's choices in constructing the machines.
Dude, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the one just claiming that it's impossible for a CPU to have bugs in the absence of an OS? That is clearly false, as the Intel FDIV bug demonstrates. Think it through.
It's happened before and it will surely (at some point) happen again. More importantly, it's not impossible as you claimed.
Erm, I don't think "bugs" in processors is really something to be concerned about, nor going to happen. If anything, like someone else said, Apple will have manufactured something crapily.
Yeah I keep thinking this same thing too.
Yeah, wait 9 months, thats realistic.
If you are hankering for a new laptop, buy. Whatever is coming out at MacWorld is probably not going to be a replacement for the Macbook Pro line. I could be wrong, but even MacRumors says it's likely not. If you want to be safe though, obviously wait after Macworld.
Me? I bought . . and if they release the new superduper laptop after Macworld, I won't regret it. I've been using a Titanium Powerbook for the last 5 and a half years, I won't be mad.
Unless they're specifically taking about the "ultra portable".
Ah..I see you discerned my apparently too-subtle sarcasm.
I'm always puzzled by the many posters on MacRumors that fear that their new machine will be superseded shortly after they buy it, as if that isn't going to happen soon enough anyway. I guess it's human nature, but if one needs a computer, one should just go buy a computer. In the case of the MacBook and MacBook Pro, I don't see any major redesigns coming anytime soon. It's never made sense to me to wait on incremental upgrades, which is far more likely in the case of the MacBook lineup.
isn't the dont buy update are for the november revision? as u can see there are stars referring to the nov MBP updates
but after a long thought, prolly dont have to wait to get MBP's
just get it now, i think im gonna change my mind as well about waiting for the Penryn stuffs
A BTO is not an update. It is just something that is designed to attract more sales during the holiday season.
I really hope for a redesign though. It seems just right because the Pro-line is on an old design and needs an update. I would at least like to see a refresh along the whole Pro-line.
mah bad, but you KNOW some idiot would've said something like that seriously.