Buy Macbook Pro on February or March?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Iskender, Feb 7, 2011.

  1. Iskender macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010
    #1
    Hi everybody!

    I wanted to buy 13" Macbook Pro in the middle of February but I can hear rumors that Apple is going to update MBPs. But there is also Intel related problem exists and as I understad that MBP update can be delayed right? Will update effect 13" MBP? If yes, is it real that update will be on March? Should I wait for update on March?
    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2010
    Location:
    California
  3. Arinoth macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2011
    #3
    Before the Intel problem, I would've said late February. It'll probably be sometime in March now. I can see no reason whatsoever that it will not affect the 13". Personally, I'm waiting for the refresh, I find a Core 2 Duo unacceptable in a 2011 machine, but if you're doing rudimentary tasks you should see little to no difference between a C2D and a Sandy Bridge CPU.

    Happy buying!
     
  4. dreilly1982 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #4
    Sounds like someone is tired of seeing the same question over and over again in new threads. :p
     
  5. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2010
    #5
    Are Sandy bridges CPU mainly used for Photoshopping and Video editing at the same time?
     
  6. Treeman574 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Location:
    QLD, Australia
    #6
    I would imagine apple is planning to update the line soon. I received yet another email telling me to buy a macbook for uni with the free ipod touch. Generally this would be a sign that they are trying to sell off the last remaining models before a major update. However this deal ends in late march, so I would imagine late march - mid april would be a good estimate for the update.

    For a 13" mbp I would wait for the update. In the 15" models the current i5 is not much worse than the sandy bridge chips, but core 2 duo is generations behind. I am personally waiting for the update to buy my first mbp (13" hopefully), but I will use high level graphics editing software and require a good cpu. Not really needed for casual use.
     
  7. ikkejick macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #7
    LOL +1. Stupid questions :p. Just read a bit in the forums. A bit is more than enough to find out no one knows ;)
     
  8. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

    marshallbedsaul

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    Maryland
    #8
    Can we have a insta lock for these topics
    Maybe have a sticky thread titled
    Official sandybride prediction thread best guess aka
    90 percent of new threads merged all in one

    Anyone second this motion



    No offense op :)
     
  9. boca76 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    #9
    Will the new MacBook Pro have a new design or will it be just a speed bump ?
     
  10. articcine macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2010
    Location:
    Lillehammer, Norway
    #10
    Yeah, it will have a new design and specs as the current Mac Pro. And SB.
    I saw it in the shop today you see :)
     
  11. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    #11
    If you can wait obviously wait, but if you can't wait just buy. Either way your getting a solid machine
     

Share This Page