Buy Macbook Pro on February or March?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Iskender, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Iskender macrumors newbie

Hi everybody!

I wanted to buy 13" Macbook Pro in the middle of February but I can hear rumors that Apple is going to update MBPs. But there is also Intel related problem exists and as I understad that MBP update can be delayed right? Will update effect 13" MBP? If yes, is it real that update will be on March? Should I wait for update on March?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

3. Arinoth macrumors newbie

Before the Intel problem, I would've said late February. It'll probably be sometime in March now. I can see no reason whatsoever that it will not affect the 13". Personally, I'm waiting for the refresh, I find a Core 2 Duo unacceptable in a 2011 machine, but if you're doing rudimentary tasks you should see little to no difference between a C2D and a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Happy buying!

4. dreilly1982 macrumors newbie

Sounds like someone is tired of seeing the same question over and over again in new threads. :p

5. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

Are Sandy bridges CPU mainly used for Photoshopping and Video editing at the same time?

6. Treeman574 macrumors regular

I would imagine apple is planning to update the line soon. I received yet another email telling me to buy a macbook for uni with the free ipod touch. Generally this would be a sign that they are trying to sell off the last remaining models before a major update. However this deal ends in late march, so I would imagine late march - mid april would be a good estimate for the update.

For a 13" mbp I would wait for the update. In the 15" models the current i5 is not much worse than the sandy bridge chips, but core 2 duo is generations behind. I am personally waiting for the update to buy my first mbp (13" hopefully), but I will use high level graphics editing software and require a good cpu. Not really needed for casual use.

7. ikkejick macrumors newbie

LOL +1. Stupid questions :p. Just read a bit in the forums. A bit is more than enough to find out no one knows ;)

8. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Can we have a insta lock for these topics
    Maybe have a sticky thread titled
    Official sandybride prediction thread best guess aka
    90 percent of new threads merged all in one

Anyone second this motion

No offense op :)

9. boca76 macrumors member

Will the new MacBook Pro have a new design or will it be just a speed bump ?

10. articcine macrumors regular

Yeah, it will have a new design and specs as the current Mac Pro. And SB.
    I saw it in the shop today you see :)

11. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

If you can wait obviously wait, but if you can't wait just buy. Either way your getting a solid machine