Buy MacBook Pro or wait

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hotrats, Feb 7, 2012.

  1. hotrats macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2012
    #1
    hi, i am thinking of getting a new MacBook Pro 13" and im wondering if i should wait for the new 2012 MacBook Pros or just too buy now.
     
  2. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #2
    What do the 2012 MBPs have that you don't see in the current 2011 MBPs?
    Can you wait two to six more months?


    ____________________________________________________________

    Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find dozens upon dozens of similar threads:
    [​IMG]
    ____________________________________________________________
     
  3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #3
    Buy what you need, when you need it. Chasing the next update is a pointless effort, since there will always be a "next update", no matter when you buy.
     
  4. derickdub macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2011
    Location:
    VA
    #4
    If you're asking, then you probably don't need one now and can wait.

    Don't wait just because it will be "better". There is always something better around the corner, and the difference between the late 2011 model and the 2012 model won't be much to wait on.
     
  5. Deepsingh macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2011
    #5
    I just bought a 15 inch pro yesterday. i couldn't wait.
     
  6. hotrats thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2012
    #6
    I was hearing the new 2012 MacBook Pro would be getting a much better screen and GPU?
     
  7. Rideherhard macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    #7
    I'd say wait, the new WiFi ac should be on them and this could be one of those features you'll want in the near future. With ac it will replace cables and you'll be able to stream 1080P movies without the lag, this is what I'm waiting for. Normally I wouldn't wait unless there was a big update like this.
     
  8. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 4, 2008
    Location:
    PA
    #8
    I currently own a white MacBook 5,2 that is slow. I really want a new one but the fear is what the next version will have and when it comes. I would hate to buy one and then in 2 months a new one comes out. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
     
  9. Deepsingh macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2011
    #9
    well if the new pro comes out in 2 months i gonna hate myself. but if it comes out in 6 months or so. then i don't care.
     
  10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    #10
    Refer to ever other prior "Should I buy not or wait?" thread. :rolleyes:
     

Share This Page