Buy MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrcowdude20, Sep 14, 2011.

1. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Hi, I already have a white-late 2010 model MacBook, andI was wondering if I should get a MacBook Pro when the education discount comes back on. Should I? :apple::) bTw: it would be the 13" or the 15"

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

The next education deal will come next year, you've missed this year's already, so you have a whole year to think about your purchase, fun stuff eh?

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

The education deal runs through September 20. You still have a few days if you want to get in on it. Otherwise, it won't be around again until next year, and may be a different offer than what it is now.

As for whether you should upgrade or not, that depends. You didn't give any info about what you use your computer for, if the one you have currently meets your needs, etc.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Chances are, if he has to ask, he doesn't need to upgrade.

Keep your machine. Use it for a year and try to sell it when the next iteration comes out if you feel like you need to get that.

But yea, what are you using the computer for? I doubt you need to upgrade though, the cost would outweigh the benefits.

5. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just using the internet, email, but I downloaded a lot of apps and it takes a little to long to load.

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

How much ram is in the machine? If 2, get 4 or more. Problem solved.

Open up Activity Monitor, what are the page in and page outs?

7. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Get a SSD and max out your RAM (I'd assume it's 8GB), right around $250 if you get a 120(8) GB SSD, and (for what you're doing) it will make your MacBook faster than a new, stock MBP would be.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Your white machbook is still fine..it is not old like 10 year old just yet. Are you embarressed about your white macbook does not have the power of MacBook Pro??? Come on...