Buy MacBook Unibody now or wait till Apple WWDC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AluminumMB, May 19, 2009.

1. AluminumMB macrumors regular

I am trying to find a MacBook Unibody for cheap like around the $1000-$1100CAD mark. I've seen alot of people selling their macbook unbodies and I hope to snag one up as my primary computer - they are beautiful machines. Anyway, should I buy now or save up more and buy something better at WWDC? Thanks

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Just wait an extra 2 weeks and see if there's an upgrade. You'd be saving a few hundred dollars and have a better machine looking ahead in the future.

EDIT: Just realized you'd be spending under $1000, I'd still say wait, but if it's a legit seller then go for it.

4. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I you could wait a few more weeks, I would. I don't know how much anything new will affect you. For what you are wanting to spend you will need to get a refurb or buy used. Which is what you said you were looking for in the first place. If you see a deal that you feel you shouldn't pass up then go for it.

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

If you wait, and Apple release a new model, it could force the price down further, or let you afford a new one. That's what I'd do.

6. BothBarsOn macrumors regular

I'd say wait, for psychological reasons if nothing else: you won't have to spend the next two weeks chewing on your fingernails, wondering if you did the wrong thing.

7. CharlieKirk macrumors 6502

I've only recently come back to the :apple:<3 world, but as far as I remember Apple offer a 10 day no-questions-asked full refund return? So you could buy it now, but I don't remember the exact details on whether you can open it, etc.

Wait till someone confirms this before doing it. You might only be able to buy it and not open the box, which wouldn't be worth it.

8. KBV1 macrumors regular

KBV1

Im in the same boat as the OP, this will be my first :apple:MacBook. You guys are saying wait a couple of weeks. Why is this and is there a date or time of month when prices could come down or get a better model for the same price as a less model.

9. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Well I got one

I bought my first macbook a week ago, i was going to wait but once i went to the apple store i just couldn't leave without one!!! I cant see they would bring out any major upgrade and if they do even old MB's make good money on eBay, so you wouldn't loose that much!!!:D

10. kpark42 macrumors newbie

Is it just me or is the buyer's guide for Macbooks and Macbook Pros broken?

11. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod