Buy MBA or wait for Sept announcements?

jmichael99

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
37
0
If it wasnt so close to September i wouldnt even be asking. I know the fall is normally mobile devices but any chance of a MBA change? I would say no because this one just came out. But doesnt hurt to ask
 

usmaak

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2012
180
7
If it wasnt so close to September i wouldnt even be asking. I know the fall is normally mobile devices but any chance of a MBA change? I would say no because this one just came out. But doesnt hurt to ask
Doubtful. They just released this one a couple of months ago. I'm wondering about iMac and Mac Mini, myself. I've been on the fence between MBA and a Mac Mini. I've never had a laptop before, and while I do like the portable form factor, I might get more use out of a desktop. I have a week and three days left to decide whether to keep my MBA, or send it back and wait for the September announcements.

Most of the rumors that I've heard point to a new iPhone and the iPad Mini. I haven't heard anything about another MBA or MBP.
 

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
789
19
If it wasnt so close to September i wouldnt even be asking. I know the fall is normally mobile devices but any chance of a MBA change? I would say no because this one just came out. But doesnt hurt to ask
Buy it 9/1. If there an announcement on 9/12 that sparks your interest you're in the window of return. Otherwise enjoy.
 

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
182
0
They just had a refresh a couple of months ago, I highly doubt another air will be released this year.
 

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
2,201
0
...and by September, someone will post "should I wait until December to buy?"
and in December, someone will post, "Should I wait until WWDC?".

I am surprised these people can get out of bed in the morning without asking someone else if they should.
 

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
3,932
111
If it wasnt so close to September i wouldnt even be asking. I know the fall is normally mobile devices but any chance of a MBA change? I would say no because this one just came out. But doesnt hurt to ask
iOS devices, yes, but no way is a new MacBook Air going to come out anytime before next summer.
 

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
3,548
18
There have been rumors of a 13" Retina MBP release this fall, but the Airs most likely won't be updated until next summer.
 

lowbelly

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
83
0
I don't think airs will be retina next year. They're the low end macbooks, and I don't think the gpu's will be able to handle it.