Buy MBP in JAPAN problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by batmanboy77, Dec 29, 2016.

1. batmanboy77 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,
    I am new here. I am going to Japan to purchase a MBP in Apple Store. Because Japan dollar is cheap now and I can have tax refund there.
    I know that Apple Stores don't sell Build to Order macbooks, you can only buy BTO online. But in order to get tax refund I have to purchase one in Apple Store. And I really need my MBP to be 16gb ram.
    So my problem is: Can I order a BTO MBP from a Apple Store staff and pay for it on the spot so that I can get tax refund?

Thanks in advance.

2. MH01 Suspended

MH01

I've bought from apple online in the past, and had the store issue me a tax receipt. Though this may vary country to country. Mine was Australia

You will need to order it from the Japanese Apple Store and hopefully there is an option to pick it from store, there they will be able to issue you with a receipt for tax refund purposes .

3. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Can't imagine why they wouldn't. But if you're in Japan for a short time only, it may be a bit tough to get the configuration you want. Tokyo should have lots to choose from in store, Osaka less so. Don't know about the other stores, but I'm guessing you're going to Tokyo. Suggest you call up the store directly (have patience with their call handling) and ask them the situation directly; you should be able to get an English speaker.

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68020

SteveJUAE

I hope your going soon as those currency advantages do not stay open long

Did the same thing in Thailand a year or so back on a MB :)