Buy MBP or wait for iMac revision?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ARK, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

I've owned a G4 Quicksilver for over 6 years now and its time to think about an upgrade. Well the wife and I have decided that we would use a chunk of money for a MBP. Ive always been drawn to the MBP laptops but Ive always worked on desktops at work. The idea of portability would be nice but Im not sure when I would take it on the road. The portability around the house would be nice though. So do I get the 2.53 Ghz MBP or wait for the next iMac revision with the 24" screen? I would have to buy the 2.53Ghz MBP from MacMall by midnight Friday in order to get the $250 off. Im a graphic designer by the way. I have been eyeing that new 24" Apple LCD too. That would be a while before I got that though.

2. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

I'd go with the MBP. It's really nice to be able to tote it around wherever you are, and you have the option later of getting an external monitor, so if you have to have that desktop feel, it's always available.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Pretty much agree completely. Go for the MBP - it's a terrific computer (I have one and am very happy with it), and add an external monitor if you feel you need it.

Cheers and good luck

4. ARK thread starter macrumors 6502

Where Im torn is when you consider the specs you get for the money for the 24" iMac 3.06Ghz compared to the high end MBP 2.53Ghz. The next iMac revision is only going to get faster and possible quad core processors.. I just dont want to regret my purchase you know.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The next Mac is only going to catch up to the current MacBook Pro's Montevina processors.

No quad core.

The iMacs might be faster, but the difference will be small. Wait until MacWorld if you want to be safe.