Buy new Air now or wait for OS X update?

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Tim Cook announced that Mountain Lion will be available next month, and it seems that the new Airs will begin shipping in 3 weeks here in Korea. Should I get the Air while Lion is still pre-installed, or should I wait until Mountain Lion is installed by default?

jameswdmb

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
I just ordered a new one today and confirmed with Apple that I get a free upgrade to ML when it is released.

Not to mention a $100 app store gift card free with my order.....

Comment

rygamble

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
Tim Cook announced that Mountain Lion will be available next month, and it seems that the new Airs will begin shipping in 3 weeks here in Korea. Should I get the Air while Lion is still pre-installed, or should I wait until Mountain Lion is installed by default?
You get it for free, you might as well get it now.

Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If you need it now, buy it now. If not, wait. Either way, the hardware wil remain the same. Upgrading the OS isn't a big deal and easy to do.

Comment

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Free upgrade? Yeah, might as well preorder it and get it before the end of June. Thanks a lot!

Comment