Buy new macbook pro now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bill Hicks, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Bill Hicks macrumors newbie

I need to get a new macbook pro. Should i buy it now or wait, it seems like the long awaited upgrades might happen sometime soon.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I think that you should search. Or read the Buyer's Guide. Or just buy it and have one of the best computers on the planet.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is a subject that has been discussed repeatedly in dozens of threads in the forums. You'll get faster response if, before starting a new repetitive thread, you'll first search the forums to see what has already been discussed. If you bookmark this link and use it, you'll find all the information you're looking for. Good luck! :)

4. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Just buy it now, why wait for apple to release a new product, when the new version they will release is buggy, or faulty, and then, on top of all of that, a new version of it is probably going to be released another month after the new one was released. And consider this, apple can't do a whole ton of hardware improvements, the technology isn't there yet, they have the top of the line stuff as it is.

5. DARKJ3DI macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

i suggest waiting. the new mbp might have something extremely important like a touch screen, blu-ray drive or coffee dispenser! :cool:

6. ManWithhat macrumors regular

Montevina is out July 14th and will include:
    • Higher performance / More efficient (less power consumption / longer battery life / less heat) CPUs with a larger FSB
    • New integrated graphics chipset (x4500) which is approximately 2.5x faster than x3100 according to beta-driver benchmarks

Also, there are current rumors for a Macbook / Macbook Pro case redesign.

The entire line is also overdue for a GPU update.

Some of us are hoping for a higher resolution display, although that's very likely not going to happen.

Considering all of this, if you can hold off another 1.5-3 months, I would wait for the update. If you need it now, buy it - It's still a great computer as is.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Do you need it now? If so, buy it. If not, wait awhile.