Buy now or is it worth the wait for a new Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by katekits, Jun 21, 2013.

1. katekits, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

katekits macrumors newbie

I've had my pro for five years now and it's now needing too many repairs to be worth hanging onto and paying repair costs. I can no longer even connect to the internet, so I urgently need a new computer. I predominantly use my pro for photography, general use and some games - nothing too complicated. Should I just buy what's on the market now or wait until the end of the year?

I want a 13" Retina pro, is the i7 update worth it and will 512GB flash storage be enough? And is the option for 2.6GHZ worth it compared to 2.5?

Thank you for your help.

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

If you "need" it now, then your hands are kind of tied. But if its more of just a want right now, then I'd wait if what you're wanting is a 13". I think the long term benefits of having the updated GPU that comes with the Haswell processors is enough of a reason to hold off a couple of months.

If you were going to get a 15" with the dedicated VRAM, then I'd say go ahead and buy now. But for a 13"....wait.

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

4. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

5. katekits thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone, it will be painful but I think it'll be worth the wait.

6. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

For pro users this is really going to be an exciting machine. I'm not even in the market and yet there's the temptation...

Here's what Anand said about it "Can I also add that I'm beyond excited for the new 13-inch rMBP? If Apple indeed is using Intel's 28W Haswell ULT part (with on-package PCH), we might really get the best of both worlds with that notebook - incredible battery life and a Retina Display."