Buy now or later

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stetwin, Jul 14, 2007.

  1. Stetwin macrumors 6502

    Stetwin

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2007
    Location:
    England - Co-Durham
    #1
    I know I’ve posted several different threads about picking between the Macbook and the Macbook Pro and if I should wait to get the HE discount in September but this is my last buying question….. Honest!

    Anyway, after thinking about what I can do I’ve come down to three options:

    Option 1: A Black Macbook with upgraded RAM and an airport express base station, which I am able to afford now.

    Option 2: A Macbook Pro 15” (base model) with an airport express base station and mighty mouse + keyboard, which I can afford in September/October

    Option 3: A Macbook Pro 15” (advanced model) with Printer, an airport express base station and a Mighty mouse + Keyboard, which I can afford in December/January

    Which would you guys go for and why?
     
  2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

    FJ218700

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Location:
    Blue Dot, Red State
    #2
    By your last option is sounds like you could wait till Dec. If you really can, then I definitely would wait. Besides saving the $120 on Leopard, by Dec the MBP's might have been updated again.

    If you can't wait, I say definitely buy a base MP pro over a maxed blackbook. You can always add more RAM later if you can't afford to max the pro out now.
     
  3. kumbaya macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2005
    #3
    if i were you, i would go with option 2. the macbook was recently refreshed, but it still has yesterday's technology since it does not have the Santa Rosa chipset.

    by getting the base model 15" in September, you wait out the continuing improvements being done on the latest MacBook Pros (almost weekly software updates!!) and get maximum bang for your buck

    :):apple:
     

Share This Page