Buy Now or September?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badboyoflaw, Jun 10, 2009.

  1. badboyoflaw macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #1
    So I've made the decision to upgrade to the new 13" MBP.

    Do you reckon there will be a revised (speed boosted) model in September when Snow Leopard is launched or will the MBPs remain the same spec?

    Also, any advantage in getting the MBP with Snow Leopard pre-loaded rather than buying now and upgrading in Spetember (I think there's a cheap £8 upgrade available if you buy now).

    Any advice greatly appreciated!
     
  2. manwich macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2009
  3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

    KingYaba

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2005
    Location:
    Up the irons
    #3
    Buy it now and enjoy your computer over the summer unless it's worth waiting a few months to save $29.
     
  4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

    NovemberWhiskey

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    #4
    If you already have a computer that you can use, why not just wait?

    I wouldn't buy it now unless I had either: 1) a limited-time deal 2) Necessity to buy.

    No, $10.00 is not that much to spend to upgrade to snow leopard. Buy why go through all the hassle if waiting is more convenient than buying now?

    I will be starting school in August, and I need a new laptop now (do not have a spare to use) so I will be purchasing a new MBP in the upcoming weeks.

    I am still waiting to try to find out if they made any changes to the 256 Gb SSD.
     
  5. Jelite macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    Buy it right this minute incase you get the urge to get one in a couple of months, it'll be one less person crying on the forums that Apple have raped them.
     

Share This Page