Buy Now or September?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badboyoflaw, Jun 10, 2009.

1. badboyoflaw macrumors newbie

So I've made the decision to upgrade to the new 13" MBP.

Do you reckon there will be a revised (speed boosted) model in September when Snow Leopard is launched or will the MBPs remain the same spec?

Also, any advantage in getting the MBP with Snow Leopard pre-loaded rather than buying now and upgrading in Spetember (I think there's a cheap £8 upgrade available if you buy now).

Any advice greatly appreciated!

2. manwich macrumors newbie

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Buy it now and enjoy your computer over the summer unless it's worth waiting a few months to save $29.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

If you already have a computer that you can use, why not just wait?

I wouldn't buy it now unless I had either: 1) a limited-time deal 2) Necessity to buy.

No, $10.00 is not that much to spend to upgrade to snow leopard. Buy why go through all the hassle if waiting is more convenient than buying now?

I will be starting school in August, and I need a new laptop now (do not have a spare to use) so I will be purchasing a new MBP in the upcoming weeks.

I am still waiting to try to find out if they made any changes to the 256 Gb SSD.

5. Jelite macrumors 6502a

Buy it right this minute incase you get the urge to get one in a couple of months, it'll be one less person crying on the forums that Apple have raped them.