Buy Now Or Wait? 15" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macuser154, Jan 3, 2010.

  1. macuser154 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #1
    I'm buying the 15" MacBook Pro 2.66GHz in February. If the update hasn't happened by then, would it be "safe" to buy one.

    A Quad-Core processor would be nice, but it's not really a necessity. Are there any other options rumoured that would temp me to wait?
     
  2. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

    jamesryanbell

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2009
    #2
    Look at the buyer's guide....one of the tabs on the upper right.
     
  3. TeddyLeroux macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2009
    #3
    Wait... There are some pretty good upgrades coming before the end of February:apple::apple::apple:
     
  4. Spandexman macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2009
    #4
    I sincerely doubt it'll have a quadcore in the 15". It might be an expensive BTO option in the 17", but I doubt that too. Arrandale yes, quadcore no.
     
  5. JacaByte macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2009
    #5
    Wait. While it might not have the quad-core i7 goodies that some Apple fanboys are hoping for, speculation places the next MacBook Pro refresh on January 26th. If the refresh doesn't happen then, odds are it will happen very soon after.
     
  6. jmazzamj macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    #6
    We'll have a MacBook Pro refresh before the end of February, you can bet on that!
    I'm also pretty sure we won't get quad cores processor, but Arrandale is indeed coming along with an updated video card.
     

Share This Page