Buy Now Or Wait 7/8 Months?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JayJamesWaller, Nov 6, 2012.

1. JayJamesWaller macrumors regular

JayJamesWaller

Hey guys, I'm new to Mac and have decided to take the plunge and get my first one. I'm looking to get the base model MacBook Pro which I can get on Amazon for £850. I'm not that heavy a user and don't do anything intensive other than web browsing, emailing and writing documents. Basically I really don't have any need for anything more expensive than the base model. I decided that a Pro was more effective and useful to me than an Air but what I really want to know is should I get the Pro now (as a Christmas present) or wait until the new release? I know that no one knows what upgrades it will have but will it really be that revolutionary over the 2012 model?

2. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

Check out refurbs, also an air sounds much nicer for your particular needs. You dont need the disc drive and neither have a discrete graphics card. Try and find an 8GB of ram refurb to future proof yourself if you get an air.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Get it now.

It'll be a while before the MBPs are updated again - the update will be driven by Intel's upgrade cycle. And the cMBPs may not get updated again - Apple may well shift to only retina MBPs.

The base 13" cMBP is a great machine - it's fast, expandable, and very well made.

4. JayJamesWaller thread starter macrumors regular

JayJamesWaller

Thanks dude, I think I'll do just that! In response to the first reply I just feel like a Pro is better for me as it has the built in Superdrive and Ethernet port which I will need when moving to Uni next year. Can't wait to get my MacBook Pro now, :)

5. Elijen macrumors 6502

Elijen

If you can wait - wait. If you want/need it now - don't wait.

Personally I wouldn't wait so long as

1. I don't think there will be any revolutionary updates
    2. This way it's possible you will never buy anything because you will be always waiting.

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Waiting is is own reward. There will always be the next big thing.