Buy now or wait for a camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by killerboots, Sep 16, 2009.

1. killerboots macrumors newbie

Ive been wanting to buy an iPod touch for a while now, but was putting it off til christmas or spring, because I have a different mp3 player right now.

should I wait a while for the touch to come out with a camera? or is the wait going to be like...2 years?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Search, the wait is going to be seven months at a minimum, I would doubt that they would wait any longer then a year to introduce a camera.

3. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

My PDA, a Palm Z22, totally died and I was hoping for a camera in this last refresh of the iPod Touch. Like you, I wondered whether I should wait for the next update (whenever that will be), but I ended up springing for a refurbished 16GB Touch, figuring that I can at least use it and enjoy it now, and then resell if I feel absolutely compelled to upgrade within the next year. I've only had it for a few days now, but am loving everything about it. Use it primarily for productivity, but am also enjoying language apps and Koi Pond and Ambience etc. etc. LOTS to explore. Really glad I decided to go ahead and get it.

4. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

If you have a cell phone that has a camera why worry about one for the iTouch? Get an iTouch now and enjoy it. You will probably wait at least until next year time to find out if Steve Jobs is going to change his mind about adding a camera. Since there is a camera in the Nano and the iPhone and he has said they want to keep the iTouch as is, you probably won't see another edition itouch until next Sept. If they do change you can always sell the one you have.

5. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I think it is pretty unlikely that they would release a new ipod in a month or two, but I'm going to wait a little while just to make sure. I don't want to drop $400 on a 64gb ipod only to see a new model released shortly after. I have an 8gb to hold me over for now.

I do wish Apple would say something though. I think a lot of people are holding off on purchasing... just because there is there are rumors of a new model. They should come out and say yes, the 'new model will be out in ___ months' or 'there will be no new ipods until Sept 2010.'

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

But they want people to give in and buy; then they can buy again come February/September. :p