Buy Now or Wait for MacWorld?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fluidedge, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. fluidedge macrumors 65816

    fluidedge

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #1
    SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!

    I know this is possibly *THE* most annoying question asked on these forums but seriously - is the Macbook Pro due for a serious update in January at Macworld. The update cycles suggest it is, and I don't *really* need to buy one until about January but I could use one from anytime now.

    Any guesses as to what the update will likely be (dream on Nehalemers...) and whether as video editor, special effects/animation user i would see any thing worth having in January?

    I'm not interested in SuperSlim/SuperUnderpowered versions

    oh and PS - any sarcastic responses will be dealt a harsh ":mad::mad::mad:"
     
  2. tersono macrumors 68000

    tersono

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    With all due respect, nobody here knows. All you're going to get is guesswork and your guess is as good as anyone else's, sorry.

    MY guess is pretty much the same as yours - I think we'll see an update sometime early next year, but I've been wrong before *grin*. LED displays in the 17", larger HDs and another minor speed hike seem entirely probable, but I'm not convinced that we're going to see MAJOR changes in the next round.

    In the meantime, I already bought mine as I needed it right now (my old TiBook was on its last legs).

    I'll admit that if I was in your shoes I'd be tempted to wait until Jan, though....

    /me realises he's just picked a long-assed way to say 'I dunno'. Sorry 'bout that :D
     
  3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2007
    #3
    Actually, I know for a fact that there will be MAJOR MacBook Pro changes at WWDC in June 2008. I would definitely wait until then to buy. So just sit tight.
     
  4. fluidedge thread starter macrumors 65816

    fluidedge

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #4
    fair responses.

    I can't wait until June :D - i'd take faster and bigger HDDs and speed bumps in Jan i think. Might be nice to also see a 13.3" for those that want it.

    Does the MBP have HDMI out yet?
     
  5. jellomizer macrumors 6502

    jellomizer

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    #5
    I would wait. For about the same price you may get a cooler model. I got my MBP last year so I am not due for an upgrade for 3 or 4 more years. But if you need an upgrade and you can wait I would say wait Till January. PreOrder it wait an other Month or so for it to come in.

    If you really need a newer Mac I would go and get one now. But if you can wait I would see if there is an upgrade coming. Even if it isn't a major upgrade around that time you may get a CPU jump.
     

Share This Page