Buy now or wait for The update!?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vslo, Oct 9, 2010.

  1. vslo macrumors regular

    Jul 9, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; pt-br) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    So I gotta Buy an iPad. The question is, should I Buy it now or should I wait for The update? Will it be significative? When Will it Probably be ? Ty!
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core


    Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    1. Up to you.
    2. Nobody knows.
    3. Nobody knows.
  3. 3GROC macrumors newbie

    Sep 15, 2008
    if you always wait to get the next best will never get it... that might not make any sense.....

    just buy it
  4. ImperialX macrumors 65816


    Jul 17, 2007
    Tokyo, Japan
    I'd wait for the update, because it's just a few months away looking at the current rumors.
  5. johndoe588 macrumors regular

    Apr 27, 2007
    Upstate New York
    I told myself I was going to wait for version 2, but broke down a couple of months ago and got a 64 gig 3g. Like it so much I wouldn't be sorry if the new one came out tomorrow. But I think we're looking at March or April for a refresh of the current screen size.

    So do it! You'll like it.

    John B.
  6. tech6 macrumors newbie

    Oct 10, 2010
    IPad Update

    Because the update is coming out, what changes will it make to the IPad? Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a price hike?
  7. CC424 macrumors regular

    Mar 8, 2009
    I couldn't wait and am alright if they update it! I will just either sell it or give the old one to my wife
  8. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

    Don Kosak

    Mar 12, 2010
    Hilo, Hawaii
    The iPad update - probably in 6-7 months. I expect it will be announced March 2011 and shipping April.

    Probably a smaller update than some are speculating. Think of the "big" update between the iPhone 1st generation and the iPhone 3G. (not that big, the 3GS was a bigger bump.)

    I'll print this out and eat it if iPad 2 comes with HD video cameras, facetime, retina displays, 1GB Ram, dual core, etc. Not gonna happen.
  9. bmcgonag macrumors 65816


    Mar 20, 2007
    okay, if new Ipad follows normal i-device release schedule, then you can expect the folloiwng.

    Macworld 2011 - january, new iPad line announced (7" down from almost 10") from what I hear (not sure if the 10" will still be offered - but God I hope so!).

    Usually start shipping in Late March to early April after the announcement is made, but pre-orders almost always start that day, or at the end of the month of the announcement.

    So, if, and only if it follows the norm, you can expect the new one in 5 to 6 months.
  10. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

    Apr 2, 2010
    Come on, they're not going to do away with the 10 inch for the 7 inch. That's just dumb. And I'm highly skeptical a 7 inch is even in the plans.
  11. Pinger macrumors regular

    Oct 12, 2010
    I thought about this myself but figured why wait and absolutely thrilled I pulled the trigger.. This iPad practically has replaced my laptop and with the OS upgrade coming in the near future will only get better.. If the 2nd generation iPad looks worth going for I think I will have no problem selling this iPad for at worst a hundred dollars less then I paid for it a few weeks prior to the release of the 2nd generation iPad then I will buy that one, I always keep my stuff be it smart phones or this iPad in a case so they are practically in mint condition making them a easy sell...
    Either that or give this one to my wife or one of my kids.. Heaven knows none of them can keep their hands off it :)
  12. bmcgonag macrumors 65816


    Mar 20, 2007
    Mitchrapp, I truly hope you are right.

Share This Page