Buy now or wait for update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bocktagon, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Bocktagon macrumors member

Bocktagon

Hello everyone. New here and I've been doing a lot of reading and finally decided to post. I'm a big apple fan and I want to buy a MBP in the near future but I'm wondering if it will be worth the wait to get the latest one, or should I go with the current model? What do you guys think?

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

First you should assess your needs so you know exactly what you do and don't need from the computer.

Then if you can wait, you should wait. If you need a computer now, buy one now.

In either scenario, you'll end up with a computer that does the things you need it to do.

4. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Welcome to the macrumors forum - I hope you stay for many years ahead.

I guess it depends on how desperate you are - but my money would be to wait till the next apple conference- lets be honest its not far away.

BTW
    I'm more rMBP 13"

Cheers friend and peace ☮️

5. justywusty macrumors regular

justywusty

If there is any chance you will be upset/jealous of the new redesign, then wait, or else you'll be upset/jealous of the new redesign. ;)

6. deany, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

deany macrumors 68030

deany

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

8. Bocktagon thread starter macrumors member

Bocktagon

Thank all of you for the replies. I currently have an iMac that works really well for what I need it to do, it's just not very mobile. I am in the navy and have to travel quite a bit. With that being said, a buddy of mine just bought an MBP and it made me realize how nice it was to do things on a notebook you can't do on the iPad/iPhone. I'm going to try to hold out for a few months to get those awesome new features. Thanks again!

9. gadget.guy macrumors member

After posting asking about an old 2010 MacBook i was considering I decided on getting a new MacBook Pro instead and I'm loving it !! while I could wait for the new updates I was offered a very substantial discount at work which ends at the end of the month. If you can wait then I'd wait but for me the discount was too much to turn down a 1k machine at 600 is a bargain I'm just hoping the old series aren't made to be redundant by the series refresh lol

10. Bocktagon thread starter macrumors member

Bocktagon

Wow that is quite a deal. If that were an option, I would certainly consider it. The best price I've seen is around 890 on Amazon. I need to get your connections.

11. gadget.guy macrumors member

Work are paying the discount just a perk they offer to employees only found out about it this month so thought about it for a day and took the plunge.loving the new MBP you won't be disappointed when you do get one !

12. Bocktagon thread starter macrumors member

Bocktagon

Nice! That's a good place to work for! Congrats.