Buy now or wait later for new release

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scooby3, Apr 19, 2013.

1. scooby3 macrumors newbie

Ok I am looking into the rmbp 16gb/512gb model but I was told from a friend to wait till june since they might probably come out with a release since the price he paid for his rmbp has dropped now and predicted they will be coming out with a new lineup. What do you guys think? Should I just wait or buy it now? Dont wanna end up buying it now if in the next month or so they come out with a new release

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

If you don't "need" now, don't buy now. If you "need" now you should buy now.

3. simsaladimbamba

An update to the MacBook Pro with Retina Display will probably arrive in August or later.

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Wait...

Then continue to wait...

Wait forever...

Because a newer model will always be around the corner. Haswell will be good, but I would wait for Wishingwell, it's suppose to have like 1000% CPU and iGPU increase with 50hr battery life.

5. Cassadian macrumors regular

Take heed of these words. Wishingwell is a legitimate upgrade. It comes right after Broadwell.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

6. maxosx macrumors 68020

I'm waiting patiently for one of these.

The longer the wait the better, I'd like Apple to test it thoroughly before its release.

It's been my experience the second gen is a good one.

7. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Right after Broadwell is Skylake, then Skymont.

8. nilsh32 macrumors newbie

What about Skyfall

9. Cassadian macrumors regular

You sir. Need to learn sarcasm. The fact that I state, "No I'm not being sarcastic" is merely an emphasis on the fact that I'm being sarcastic. A little more subtle if you read between the lines than stating, "I'm being sarcastic." Although, if I notice a trend of lack of comprehension I will start to use (sarcasm) or some sort of notification.