Buy Now or Wait? Look at it this way...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aajad, Sep 27, 2008.

1. aajad macrumors member

aajad

There are so many posts on this subject and everyone has their take on it. Some newbies can get very confused so lets look at it like this. Some have a laptop as their primary computer and need the newest and fastest because it is their only computer. Waiting makes sense. It all depends on what you use it for. I have an iMac and I returned my iPod Touch to Costco and used the $420 to offset the price of the least expensive MacBook. I did this because I was only using the Touch for WiFi. I rarely used it as an iPod so now I have a great laptop to use for WiFi. I bought 4GB of Crucial memory and it screams. I regularly get 15-20 MB/sec on Cox and I'm happy. I love new gadgets and I probably would have been happy with the new ones when they come out too. Oh, I got the Educator price $999 and then sold the 8GB iPod on Craigslist for $150 and made some young kid really happy. So... if you need a MacBook now, buy it. You won't be sorry.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope, HERE'S how everyone needs to look at it:

STOP WHINING AND WAIT REGARDLESS.

1. If the new ones rock, you get that and are happy.
    2. If for some idiotic reason you don't "like" the new ones, you can pick up an older one for CHEAPER.

You win either way.

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

+1

+1

In a way, you are both right. If you need it, buy it now. If you can afford to wait, by all means, wait. But with being so very close to the supposed rollout of the new models, I don't think anybody who can afford to at least wait two and a half weeks, should not do so.

4. osin macrumors 6502

Just to pee on your cake you could get much more than $150 for that iPod... :p

And there is a good comment on either buy or wait question circulating on this forum: if you need it now - buy it. If you can manage to wait - wait...

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

not if he sold it after the new ones came out....(assuming he's in the US)

6. aajad thread starter macrumors member

aajad

Right. Apple lowered the price of 1st generation 8GB to $179 so I was generous. Just to pee on your cake...? What a douche.

7. jokun macrumors member

Yeah, it was all about the timing. I got my free ipod touch and sold it for $250 to a coworker about a week before the updated models were released.

8. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

The new MacBooks will have problems, first revisions always do. The last revision (ie current) MacBook is by definition the most reliable.

9. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

God hath given this one wisdom :D