buy now or wait (macbook pro)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by azscp, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. azscp macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2006
    #1
    Should I buy now or wait on buying a Macbook Pro? Are the quad-core's coming out soon? Are the current MBP about to retire?

    Your two-cents is valued.

    Steve
     
  2. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

    Lord Flashheart

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2007
    Location:
    Cardiff by the Sea, CA
    #3
    If you need now, buy now. If you can wait, wait. There should be something released pretty soon, but you never know.
     
  3. juanster macrumors 68020

    juanster

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    toronto
    #4
    i doubt quad-cores will be coming anytime soon. Santa Rosa will most likely come soon. But the new patform is a C2D. there is not a quad core processor for portable yet that i know off so i wouldn t hold my breath on that. should you buy now or wait? there are many many many threads asking the same question here in these forums. If you want you can look them up and read some of them to get a better idea. I think if you need it now go ahead and get it. If you just want it maybe wait until wwdc in june. If no upgrades are made during that then i woudl say go ahead and get one caus emost likey after that IMO there won t be a ne wportable until penryn, which will most likely be around october is it? somewhere around there ,, tahts a long time i think. You can t always be waiting for teh new stuff you know, somethign new is lways around teh corner,, hope that helps...
     
  4. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    Location:
    London
  5. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #6
    I won't mind buying now if they have decent screens. As it is I'd rather wait.

    Been there done that, owned a Macbook Pro for a few months, nothing special about it.
     
  6. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #9
    I would just buy it now if you have the money and assets. Technology is always growing everyday so you can't win that race. I personally don't have a MBP but if you are willing to wait, the MBP is almost at the end of it's cycle. Wait until June if you really want to, or just bite the bullet.
     

Share This Page