Hello, I am going to begin a PhD program in the fall and currently have an '09 MacBook Pro. The battery isn't that great now (lasts about 3 hours) so I'm thinking of buying a MacBook Air. I just wanted your opinion of whether I should wait for the next update with the new broadwell chip? I've read that the new chips will improve battery life and perhaps a retina display could be added? If you think there might be new models by January then I'd probably wait for it, but if it won't be for a good year, I don't want a year of grad school to go by when I could have had the current model...unless the update will be significant enough to be worth the wait? Also...does it make a difference if I buy it now, or wait for Yosemite to be release so that it just comes installed? I also read that a new, larger, iPad may come out in the future. I could also wait to see what that's about, could this be a notebook replacement since microsoft has their office apps now? I'm going to be using the computer primarily for internet browsing, email, video conferencing and writing. I know you can't say for sure and there's no guarantees but I just wanted to see what you would do in this situation? Wait, or go ahead and get the current Air? Thanks so much for your thoughts!!!