buy now or wait until next week

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahaley1986, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ahaley1986 macrumors member

im going to the mall tomorrow and was thinking about picking up a blackbook. i was initially going to wait until the revision, but the student promotion is too good and that outweighs having the newest and best computer. that being said, if a new laptop was going to be released next week at wwdc, i would 100% want the new one. im highly skeptical of a revision coming out next week for a bunch of different reasons, but i don't want to jump the gun a week early. whats everyones opinion on what i should do and also, i know apple's return policy is 14 days, but do you have to pay a restocking fee during that period? Thanks!:cool:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There is nothing to upgrade to. Wait until July 14. That's Montevina and the promo is still going on.

3. Konvert macrumors newbie

Konvert

Definitely wait if you can, the back to school offer doesn't end until september 15th and I think apple will introduce the revision by then. It depends on how desperately you need the MB, if its for college, I highly recommend waiting.

4. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Yup, and yes I believe Apple charges a 10% restocking fee if you open the product and return it within the 14day return period. The blackbook is what....$1499? So that's $149 out of your pocket if you buy now, and decide to return it because a new one comes out next week.

5. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

Just wait another week to be safe... what do you have to loose? :rolleyes: