Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teforeon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Hey! I was almost buying an ipod touch but I noticed that a 3rd generation may come out on september this year. So, is this just a rumor or a new generation of itouch is coming out in september?

And if it's true it`s gonna cost the same and 2nd gen will decrease its' price? what should be the new features?

THX

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Why are you asking us this?
If you want my predictions, I'll happily throw some pretty features at you, but no one knows for sure.

If you need it now, buy it. If you dont need it, be patient and see. If October comes and there is no new iPod Touch, buy the current one.

Then kick yourself in the butt when it comes out in November.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Wait. You're asking if you should wait so obviously you can wait.

Chances are very good that there will be a revised product in September. In all likelihood it will have the revised chipset and that alone is reason enough.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Please search MRoogle before posting this thread! It has been discussed about a hundred times already. Wait for September if you can...if not buy now

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
The new generation of iPods will come out sometime in September. It hasn't failed in the last 5 years or so. Wait for the free iPod offer to expire on September 8th. After that the news ones will come out. To pay top dollar for a current model right now is foolish. I just bought a new Mac on the educational discount and bought the 2nd gen 32GB iPod touch for $170 ($230 discount). It's really great, what a toy! The new ones will be even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.