Buy now or wait until september?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by teforeon, Jul 2, 2009.

1. teforeon macrumors newbie

Hey! I was almost buying an ipod touch but I noticed that a 3rd generation may come out on september this year. So, is this just a rumor or a new generation of itouch is coming out in september?

And if it's true it`s gonna cost the same and 2nd gen will decrease its' price? what should be the new features?

THX

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Why are you asking us this?
    If you want my predictions, I'll happily throw some pretty features at you, but no one knows for sure.

If you need it now, buy it. If you dont need it, be patient and see. If October comes and there is no new iPod Touch, buy the current one.

Then kick yourself in the butt when it comes out in November.

3. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Wait. You're asking if you should wait so obviously you can wait.

Chances are very good that there will be a revised product in September. In all likelihood it will have the revised chipset and that alone is reason enough.

4. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

5. celticpride678

Please search MRoogle before posting this thread! It has been discussed about a hundred times already. Wait for September if you can...if not buy now

6. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

The new generation of iPods will come out sometime in September. It hasn't failed in the last 5 years or so. Wait for the free iPod offer to expire on September 8th. After that the news ones will come out. To pay top dollar for a current model right now is foolish. I just bought a new Mac on the educational discount and bought the 2nd gen 32GB iPod touch for $170 ($230 discount). It's really great, what a toy! The new ones will be even better.

7. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon