Resolved Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dlimes13, Aug 31, 2011.

  1. dlimes13, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

    dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

    dlimes13

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    Location:
    Perrysburg, OH
    #1
    Just want a general consensus, would it be wise to buy the Apple Thunderbolt Display now or wait until they become available?

    From MacMall to save $30 + tax ($969.00): http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-Monitors/product~dpno~8815575~pdp.giecbci

    Not about wants or needs, just should I wait or just pre-order it now? Stupid question, I know, just would like to hear others' opinions.
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    What's the harm in pre-ordering especially if you're planning on getting one.

    The risk of being the first to buy one is that there may be issues with the display, i.e., being on the bleeding edge but as I stated if you are all but decided to buy one, then go and preorder.
     
  3. dlimes13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    dlimes13

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    Location:
    Perrysburg, OH
    #3
    Well I bit the bullet and pre-ordered. $969 flat, $90 cheaper than Apple w/ tax. UPS Ground, 3-7 days from when it comes in. Now I'm going to be so impaitent.
     

Share This Page