Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by AT0MAC, Jul 25, 2012.

  1. AT0MAC macrumors regular


    Jun 4, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    A little about my situation:

    * I bought a 2011 Mac Mini SandyBridge DualCore i7 around February earlier this year.

    * I have upgraded it with a pair of Intel SSD 520 series drives and have it running very smooth ever since.

    * I have no Apple TV and currently no desire to own one, as it has too many limitations in my opinion. Thinking about buying a Libratone Lounge AirPLay speaker but currently have no other AirPlay enabled iThings.

    * I use none of the Accessibility features in OS X.

    * I have no iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, so therefor no iCloud.

    * I don't like to share every little detail about my personal life.

    * Have a Nokia smart phone I currently sync with my Lenovo work laptops Outlook calendar, and am using GMail as my private mail so am newer using iCal, Contacts and Mail.

    * Have a perfectly good Apple keyboard so no need to talk to my screen for it to write down what I could easily exercise my fingers with doing.

    * I don't live in China.

    * Due to the fact I have no iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch iAlso have no Game Center.

    * Already using multiple layers of security, so should not really be needed to have GateKeeper also.

    * I have organized my Launchpad into different categories in different pages so every app I need is pretty easy to find.

    * Am using Growl and receive all relevant notifications through there.

    * Don't use PhotoBooth.

    * Have a desktop computer (Mac Mini) with non-Apple SSDs (Intel 520) so can't use PowerNAP.

    * Have multiple other video decoders/encoders so the upgrades to Quicktime is irrelevant.

    * Already upgraded to Safari 6.

    Ok, there have been some talk about ML being little smoother and little faster, always nice. Also, the updates to TimeMachine seem very nice as that is one of the OS X features I really use much.
    I already have $6 on my iTunes account from an old gift card purchase, so my price would be down to $14...

    Would you in the same situation upgrade?
  2. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a


    Jun 25, 2011
    torrent it, if you like it, buy it. if you dont downgrade to lion:D
  3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040


    Jun 2, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I think its still worth while, Ive noticed greater speed and improvements compared to crappy Lion.
  4. AT0MAC thread starter macrumors regular


    Jun 4, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    By the way, the Retina feature, is that only available on original Apple displays, like if I bought an Cinema HD display?

    What if I bought a Dell U2711, could I then use Retina resolutions?

    ...if so, then that feature would be worth it all!
  5. gopherhockey macrumors regular


    Apr 2, 2010
    At $20 there is absolutely no reason to be pirating this software.

    Just sayin'

Share This Page