buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetlagged, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jetlagged, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

jetlagged macrumors 6502

hey folks,

seems like i'll be going for the macbook pro 13" or air 13" model. i'm choosing 13" for long term traveling purposes, so obviously something light and small is what i'm looking for. not in a rush to buy it now, i have a 4 year old dell laptop which is still pretty viable, but yeah i'm looking to buy a new computer and switching to apple. looking forward to learning the mac os and becoming comfortable with it. should i wait it out for the next refresh or buy one now? when is the next macbook pro or air refresh? from what i read, looks like they do 2 mbp refreshes a year, while mba gets updated yearly.

on a side note, my friend will probably sell me his base 15" rMBP next year for half the price, so i'm kinda holding off for that if he decides to sell it to me because that would be a better price deal over the top of the line mbp pro and air 13".

any thoughts and opinions.

2. wabbit42 macrumors regular

It will probably be between 8 and 12 months till the refresh.

So if you need it buy it now, if in no rush, you can wait. But don't get into the habit of waiting for the newest tech, because there's always something newer just around the corner. :)

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Wait, always wait. That way you forever wait for the latest and greatest to be spectacular.

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Wait until your "viable" Dell dies.

Any other reason would be merely to satisfy your own personal wants and desires which nobody here is qualified to decide.

5. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

Waiting is a great way to save money. If you never buy, you won't lose any of it.:p

Seriously though, for me waiting only means more time for my current Mac to depreciate in value. Big fan on getting the latest and greatest while it still is the latest and greatest.:apple::D