Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Liquinn, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Why should I buy now when talk of Haswell is around the corner in a few/several months time?

Any advice? Should I buy an iMac now or wait?

2. Galatian macrumors 6502

Galatian

Question is not just about Haswell but also about nVidias 700 series and/or AMDs 8000 series graphic chips. All of these chips are set to appear in 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2013, so we might see an September refresh.

3. TrboMac macrumors regular

TrboMac

Guess it depends on how bad you need a new computer (or how deep your pockets are).

If you don't need one, I'd probably wait at least a few months to see how the new models are holding up to any 'birth pangs'.

4. noteple macrumors 65816

Buy it now and enjoy it now.
    Or
    Wait until this time next year

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

for precisely what function or feature? Chipsets come and go....what functions will new chips provide that you can't do with the new iMac as is?

6. torana355 macrumors 68020

Buy now if you need it now, if you don't then wait. After Haswell is out there will be talk of the next chipset coming out. There is always something new coming up. Haswells main advantage will be power consumption which is more important for MBA and MBPs imo. For desktops the 2012 iMacs have everything you could want for a future proof machine like USB3, Thunderbolt, high end mobile GPU ect ect.