Buy now or wait ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Superman041, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Superman041 macrumors regular

I'm wondering when to buy a new Macbook. I've heard there is rumours for a detachable Macbook Air in 2014 and thinking about waiting for that or not.
    Should we expect major developments soon?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've heard of no such rumors and to be honest, I'd doubt we'll see such a product form apple as that would impact its very lucrative iPad sales.

All I can say is that if you need one now, then buy it now. if you can wait then that's always the best course.

3. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

When is the expected 2014 release ?

I have been comparing the normal Macbook Pro with the Retina Macbook Pro (entry level), and noticed the normal Pro has a faster processor 2.5GHz and TurboBoost 3.1 GHz compared to 2.4GHz and TurboBoost 2.9GHz for the Retina?

Could someone clarify this ?

4. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

The non-retina MacBook Pro has an older generation processor. There is more to performance than clock speed. The retina models also have much stronger integrated graphics.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

2014 :p

I'd say not until we see the broadwell chipset, which would be summer 2014

6. tooobe macrumors regular

Don't know if you know it, but Broadwell was pushed back a quarter, and probably won't be available in the quantity Apple needs until fall 2014 at the earliest.

7. Golfer00ksu macrumors regular

Best Buy Black Friday ad has a great deals on the retina MBP. This is the best time to buy unless you can wait another year for the next refresh.