Buy now or wait...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cecil7, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Cecil7 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about buy a mac, the MBA or RMBP, the point is what i don't know if it's beter to wait to new processors.I can use the MBA (2013 i guess) of my father that's months. the question is if when apple decide to upgrade the mcbook's line and if that's upgrades justificate the wait or not, what do u think about?
    I need the mac for university so i can't wait so much

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

I personally don't think we'll see a new MBA or rMBP until next spring. What those upgrades will look like I'm not entirely sure, it's possible that apple will offer usb-c on the new models and the might ditch some of the current ports to do that too. The macrumors buyer's guide lists all the current MacBooks at mid cycle with exception of the classic MBP which hasn't been updated since 2002.
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac

3. Cecil7 thread starter macrumors newbie

The next MBP classic i'll be intesesting if upgrade with new processors, slim and retina display. But the point is what for something exists the rMBP so i don't know what to think about. Maybe will recive news soon about that MBP

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The classic MBP hasn't been updated since 2012 and it will never get another update now so forget about it. I think that's the way the air is going too, I would not be surprised if this year was the last update on the air as they concentrate fully on the rMB as their thin light option. This years macbook air will probably continue as is for a couple of years but I expect to see the classic MBP finally be dropped next year.

5. Cecil7 thread starter macrumors newbie

So do u think what apple doesn't have plans to update the mac lines with new processors early?

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I don't really understand the question???? Apple can't use the processors until they are provided to them and intel says the ones for the rMBP will be available Q1 next year so around march/april I would guess.