iPad Pro Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by annay49, Mar 14, 2017.

  1. annay49 macrumors member

    Apr 13, 2010
    The magic question. I'm looking at buying a used iPad pro 12.9 wifi model 128 gb... Someone is selling for $625 one month used (so I can still put apple care plus on it) with a smart keyboard.

    I don't need it immediately and have been looking forward to the new models but I'd probably still buy the older model once the new one is released. I just wonder how much of a better deal i'd get by waiting.

    I had one before but sold it but was mainly using it for reading, surfing, netflix, and drawing. As well as day to day tasks. I love the size and also want to use it to design new things to cut on my cricut (which I didn't have when I had my first iPad pro)
  2. gobikerider Suspended


    Apr 15, 2016
    United States
    At this point wait as they'll probably announce that event soon for what I'm guessing is a early April event. You'd be better off waiting
  3. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

    Jul 21, 2011
    Wait. New iPads will be announced in a few weeks. Even if you plan to buy a used 12.9" iPad, I'd still wait. You'll find even better deals on those the day new iPads are announced.
  4. Legendts macrumors regular


    Apr 3, 2012
    Victoria Australia
    Why would you NOT wait when a new one is just around the corner such as in about three weeks or less?
  5. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

    Nov 9, 2013
    That's a good deal. And the 12.9 iPad Pro is a great machine. If it suits you're needs, I'd strongly consider it.
  6. Coolpher macrumors regular


    May 8, 2008
    From a curiosity standpoint where did you find it for sale when was it bought Does it have AppleCare
    To be honest I have had my 12.9 since December 2015 I am paying it off every month through my cell phone bill and I won't be upgrading till at least December but as of right now it does everything I needed to and more and I can't wait to see what iOS 11 does for it if anything at all

    I say go with your gut
  7. AttilaTheHun macrumors 65816


    Feb 18, 2010
    Wait two reasons,
    1- when new one comes out old model price drop
    2- you mite like the newer model better
  8. sonicrobby macrumors 68020


    Apr 24, 2013
    New Orleans
    If you buy this used iPad you would be saving over $500 including tax. Once the new one comes out, you maaaay get a better deal (but most likely not from Apple). The 12" iPP is a new market when it comes to resale since there hasnt been a second gen, and the current resale values are already pretty significant due to the lower demand when compared to other sizes along with the initial high price point. But even if you find a better deal on the tablet, the keyboard is $150, and I haven't been able to find a used one for a reasonable price. This deal may be worth considering if it includes the apple keyboard.

    The new one of the same model would run you 900$ + tax + any additional accessories you may want. So they probably paid $1050 And lets say +10% tax = $1150

    My advice, if its something that you dont need, there is no harm in waiting; its not like the prices of the 1st gens will be going up, its just a matter of waiting for the deal that is good enough for you. When I found a 12" iPP LTE 128GB unopened box for sale for 650$, I just couldn't pass that up.

    Though the price they are selling it for is not bad at all. So if you're going to buy the old one anyway, why wait if you're already getting a pretty good deal?
  9. annay49 thread starter macrumors member

    Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided to wait and see what Apple releases since at least that makes iPhone prices fall significantly. Hopefully it will do the same to iPad pros.

    @Coolpher the iPad was purchased a month and a half ago and the person wasn't using it enough so I could have added extended apple care over the phone. But I decided not to take it.
  10. Badrottie Suspended


    May 8, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Be Patience and you will love a new iPad Pro 2
  11. fokmik macrumors 68040

    Oct 28, 2016
    Wait 100% something is happening next week. So new ipad updates could be
  12. cardfan macrumors 68000

    Mar 23, 2012
    You'll pay nearly twice as much for new ipad. Old ones won't fall too much since 12" ones seem to be short supply now. i know Samsclub is knocking 129 off 12.9" ipad now. Smart kb is half price.
  13. sracer macrumors G3


    Apr 9, 2010
    I think the OP will wish that they jumped on that deal. ;)

Share This Page

14 March 14, 2017