buy now or wait

lenso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
11
0
i wANT TO BUY MACBOOK NOW

but i don't want to pay 129$ for leopard ....

i want to know if it possible to buy an upgrade version of leopard

,,,,,?
 

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
170
0
KALM
lenso said:
i wANT TO BUY MACBOOK NOW

but i don't want to pay 129$ for leopard ....

i want to know if it possible to buy an upgrade version of leopard

,,,,,?
So buy it off eBay or some third party reseller for less.

$129 for an OS update is not that bad contrary to the latest FUD from the Windows camp.
 

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
2,197
286
Raleigh, NC
Oryan said:
The $129 IS the upgrade price. You can't buy a copy of OSX off the shelf, it only comes with a new Mac.
Well, technically the retail box of OSX IS the full copy. You don't HAVE to pick upgrade, you can blast your Mac's drive and install the full thing that way.

But yet, $129 is the only price point Apple has. You can usually get about a $30 rebate from Amazon when it comes out though.
 

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
9,095
1
LOL, BUY NOW
when leopard out, are you gonna keep waiting for "rabbit"? or whatever 10.6 will be called, since apple release OS every 1-2 years.
10.0 2001
10.1 2001
10.2 2002
10.3 2003
10.4 2005
10.5 2007
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,566
95
Buy now and upgrade your OS later or just wait until Leopard is standard on the system. Just depends if you need it now?
 

lenso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
11
0
wooooo' i hope not/////

~Shard~ said:
Buy now, Leopard won't be out for another 8-10 months. Do you really want to wait that long?


i hope not///////!@#@#$@#$%#$%%#%$%@#

but i live in israel and here it's 195$ ,,,,,
 

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
9,095
1
lenso said:
i hope not///////!@#@#$@#$%#$%%#%$%@#

but i live in israel and here it's 195$ ,,,,,
i can buy one and mail to you, :) if u trust me, :D
 

lenso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
11
0
it's 50$ save....

clevin said:
i can buy one and mail to you, :) if u trust me, :D


i really hope that i could buy it in US price...

the macbook is 680$ more expensiv than US price,,,

i hope that a friend will purchase it for me from US.
 

Fedge

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2006
152
0
While, in my opinion, there are some things worth waiting for, (like Mac Pro!!), waiting for Leopard is silly. It's just an OS update, and won't be revolutionary. If your a student, you'll be able to snag a copy for considerably less (~$80). Go for it now.

On the otherhand, it may be worthwhile to wait until Apple resolves the Rev A bug with their current line of Macbooks. Many owners are reporting the same problems and appear to have faulty machines.

At the end of the day, the decision is yours. Whatever you do end up getting, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.