Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lil' brudder, May 26, 2007.

  1. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2007
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #1
    I have been juggling when to get a macbook and what macbook to get for 2 weeks now and collecting all data I can, and it has come down to this... Should I get a macbook now, or is apple gonna surprise us with a new santa rosa macbook or maybe even 10.5? I ask because I don't wanna buy a macbook now and get burned when they release new ones at WWDC (which I know isn't too likely considering they just released new ones) or they release 10.5 and I have to spend 80-100 to get it. Thanks everyone!
     
  2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    #2
    You do realize that new MacBooks came out less then two weeks ago right?
     
  3. macjay macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2003
    #3
    They just released new MacBooks on May 15.

    The only possible new MacBook in the near future would be a 15" version.
     
  4. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

    Dynamyk

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Location:
    Toronto
    #4
    Didn't you make a similar thread a couple days ago?

    Buy now, they're not getting updated soon.
     
  5. skubish macrumors 68030

    skubish

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2005
    Location:
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    #5
    Dude, they just updated the Macbook. There isn't going to be another update at WWDC. Buy a MB now, all other macs, wait until WWDC.
     
  6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

    MovieCutter

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #6
    Wait....wait forever. Then you'll be guaranteed to get the latest hardware with the latest software.
     
  7. lil' brudder thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2007
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #7
    I know they released new ones, but my primary question was if they would surprise us with 10.5 or santa rosa... I spose it was kinda a rediculous question....
     
  8. RichP macrumors 68000

    RichP

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2003
    Location:
    Motor City
    #8
    Apple already stated they would release a 10.5 beta to developers, and the retail version would be out in October..no "suprises"

    Expect a santa rosa Macbook PRO at WWDC.
     
  9. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
  10. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    Location:
    London
    #10
    This was a good reply, simply highlights the meaningless question posted.
     
  11. lil' brudder thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2007
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #11
    Yea...sorry, you guys are right. This was an impulsive post and it was late and I was really bored....and I'm kinda a dork :D
     
  12. warfa macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    Location:
    SD
    #12
    Hey don't sweat it mate, i don't know why all this guys are getting mad atcha!;)

    The MacBooks will not get another upgrade at WWDC and leopard will release in

    October so go n get your MacBook.:) I on the other hand am waiting for a MBP

    so i'll wait another two weeks:D
     
  13. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

    Kamera RAWr

    Joined:
    May 15, 2007
    Location:
    I'm where I need to be
    #13
    I don't think I've ever seen a shortage of "Buy now or wait" threads on MR. Interesting indeed :D
     

Share This Page