Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timmillwood, Dec 15, 2007.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

Should i buy now and get stuck in an 18 month contract and hope to upgrade in 6 months, or wait 6 months and buy 3G one then?

2. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Get it now.... In the Tech world there is never the right time to buy. :)

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Try this...

someone posted this when I was undecided, and it really helped! :cool:

Attached Files:

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Except right after Macworld...

5. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

I would wait for a version 2. I also have the feeling version 2 will be marketed in the correct fashion. It being avilable on most networks for contract at around £199 and a higher priced sim free model at around £399.

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I'm waiting, possibly for quite a while. I have a phone and and iPod, so until a 32GB iPhone comes around to consolidate those into one device I can't justify a purchase no matter how much I want one.

7. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

Might have to wait until version 3 for 32GB storage. However they is no reason they could not have had 32GB in the current iPhone. They just want to squeeeezzsze more coin out of us. That life I suppose :mad:

8. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Um...flash memory prices for 32gb would have been ridiculous. And based on the design of the phone, there was no room to put more than one flash chip in. That's why the touch has 16gb, they put in two 8gb flash chips. The iphone's phone hardware takes up too much room to double up on memory chips, and one chip above 8gb would have driven the price up even higher.

9. madfresh macrumors regular

I would consider waiting. Electronics are always being upgraded, plus MW is right around the corner.

10. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

Trust me....the price difference at point of manufacture beween a 8gb and 32gb chip is pence. Ok there might be a increase in development price. However unless the higher chip is a major development in chip desgin this increase in developlment cost in small.
    Bit like a car......2 cars can have the same basic engine.....however car two has 50 more bph. Why?.....well the manufacture gives the second engine different software/tuning. The price this costs them is nowhere near the price they charge the end customer for the 'more powerful engine'